A Writing Life: Enjoy The Ride

Monday, June 13, 2016

Enjoy The Ride

This writing journey is nuts. If someone had said to me a year ago that I'd be doing what I'm doing today, I would've laughed. Not because I don't believe in myself, just because...well, it's always changing.

I read not long ago in a blog to celebrate each moment, large and small, in this writing journey because there really is no finish line. Not only is the business continuously changing, but there's always another book to write, one to edit, one to promote. Each time the words "The End" are typed, celebrate. Each great review on Amazon, throw a small party. Because the next day holds much to do for the journey.

And not only that, new opportunities and opened doors may be in the future that aren't even on the radar yet. For a planner like me, this can cause stress. But I'm learning. Instead of wondering what will happen or worrying about the next step, I'm sitting back and enjoying the ride.


I don't want to look back years from now and see only the times I fretted over what was on the horizon. I want to jump in with both feet, start swimming, and see how far I can go.

I love this writing gig. I really do. It challenges me unlike anything else. It moves me outside my comfort zone, and it allows the little girl in me with stories swirling around in her head a place to write them down and share them with the world.

There's really no better ride in life than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment