A Writing Life: RT Convention

Saturday, April 16, 2016

RT Convention

I attended my first RT Convention this past week and what a whirlwind. This was the first conference I've been to where readers are as much, if not more, a part of the action as the authors. It's like Comic Con for the Romance Genre. Cover models walking around, people dressed up like favorite characters - it's crazy. Crazy and fun.


I was able to attend great sessions where I learned about what's happening in the business, as well as how to improve and enhance my writing. A favorite session was on sports in romance. I'm a sports fan so I gained a lot of good advice on writing athletes and their world. 


I got to meet RaeAnne Thayne. I've been reading her books for years and was starry eyed that she spent time with me, shared her writing journey. 


I had dinner with my amazing Tule Publishing Editors, Meghan and Lindsey...



where we shared Trash Can Nachos at Guy Fieri's restaurant. 


I was able to get a few workouts in - a good thing considering the nachos and all.



And I connected with other authors from Tule, making new friends and having a blast talking writing, characters, story ideas, and life. 


This writing gig isn't easy. It's a lot of work. But the romance writing community is a gracious, kind, generous group and I'm grateful to be a part of it. 

Now, time to catch a flight home and get writing. 
So many story ideas, so little time...





No comments:

Post a Comment