A Writing Life: The Journey And The Destination

Thursday, September 24, 2015

The Journey And The Destination


We have all seen in some form of another the inspirational quote that says something like, "It's the journey that matters, not the destination." 

I know this is true, but I'm a forward thinker. I like the destination. I have to be very intentional about embracing the moment, or in this case, the journey. 

I like finishing. Mid project is tough place for me to live. But if I'm honest with myself, it's where I am happiest. I have three projects going right now. I'm releasing my next book soon, editing one, and writing the next one. I'm busy. And on some days, stressed. But I'm blissfully happy. And I know it sounds weird but I have to remind myself of that. Because I feel as if I just want things done. But as great as done feels, I get antsy. 

So, as much as I agree with the popularr quote, I like the journey and the destination. I want to embrace both. I'm blissfully happy when I'm knee deep in writing a book, but it also feels pretty damn good when I've reached my destination and the book is done. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment